How do you get the most out of E-mail marketing? And how do you turn it into a powerful marketing tool for your Hotel? E-mail still gets attention and it can create direct opportunities with past, present and future customers.
Why E-mail Marketing?
- Serves as a visibility & branding tool for your hotel
- Creates personalised relationships with your customers
- Targets and attracts subscribers with relevant & timely promotions and offers
- Plants a germ of an idea about your hotel in the minds of future travel bookers
- Least expensive form of active marketing
How does E-mail Marketing work?
Hotels are a sought after product and a key information category looked at by most online users. Travel related e-mail marketing can build a loyal audience, especially if it provides value and relevance. Frequent travellers and travel agents are a good audience as they seek interesting hotel booking opportunities.
Why does E-mail Marketing make sense for Hoteliers?
- Instant access to a wide client base. One e-mail can equal hundreds of sales calls.
- The recipient can be made to think that it is tailored to them.
- Enables promotion of latest specials on one to one basis to a niche segment.
- People are at their computers most of the day and can receive and respond immediately.
- E-mail statistics can help fine tune future promotions. It can tell you who opened the message, clicked on which links, how much time was spent on viewing each page or forwarded the email.
These seven simple ideas will help you to effectively promote your hotel by e-mail and increase revenues
- Target Repeated Guests – Today’s traveller expects an increased level of personalized service and continuous, targeted communication. To take it a step further, today’s traveller expect a relationship with the brands and businesses they love. http://skift.com/2015/01/16/automated-messaging-could-be-the-key-to-brand-loyalty/
- Customer Data is the key – Email capture for hotel brands is absolutely essential. When you personalize communications with guests, you are working to form a bond with your customer- collecting preference into that will help target offers that will surely appeal to them in the future. http://skift.com/2015/01/27/can-better-emails-help-hotels-win-back-business-from-booking-sites/
- Make Your Hotels Email Subject Worth Opening – How small design and copy changes can have a big impact on your e-mail open and click-through rates http://www.tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/n2031/email-marketing-7-design-copy-secrets-boost-engagement
- Best time to send E-mail – Putting together a comprehensive email marketing calendar is one of the most important things that you can do to ensure that your email campaigns are successful http://www.gcommercesolutions.com/email-marketing-insight-when-is-the-best-time-to-send
- Develop a Call to Action Button – Optimize the booking process by implementing a new design, layout and structure as well as develop “Call to action Buttons” http://www.eyefortravel.com/revenue-and-data-management/take-action-five-tips-help-travel-brands-convert-lookers-bookers
- Peak Period Marketing – Understanding the seasonality of demand will help hoteliers maximize their channel mix during peak and shoulder periods http://www.hotelnewsnow.com/Article/7506/Seasonality-strategies-key-to-driving-demand
- Rich Media Stories – Today it’s all about telling a story, because when people travel they want to have memories, they want to do things, they want to escape and have fun. So it’s about touching on those points, and how you can tell that kind of story about your Hotel http://skift.com/2014/12/30/how-starwood-and-other-hotels-turn-to-videos-and-music-to-reach-new-guests/